Bitcoin/Ethereum/Litecoin

Does anyone have a good source for historical data on these cryptocurrencies? I’m only looking for EOD data.

Thanks.

On yahoo data or with Amiquote, use the symbol BTCUSD=X

When you chart Bitcoin, it looks a lot like a typical bubble.

lol - yes that looks like how it will play out. I was more interested in
running relative strength comparisons between the cryptocurrencies.

thank you very much!!

Then again, the more I look at the crypto currencies, I’m not so sure that they’re in a bubble. Could they be a worthwhile safe haven for what may come? Perhaps you’re making the right move by making a system to trade them?

Sure. Next example of “this time is different” mantra. Good luck. Better give your money to charity. You would feel better and your money would serve some decent purpose.

yeah fiat money is much better, at least you have something to burn during winter time

You have some real military potential including atom bombs standing behind at least some of “fiat money” and that makes a bit of difference. Anyway it is all going to end up at some point.

yes, true, if the governments say cryptos are history, then they are history. So far they didn’t shut them down. They must have some plan for them.

http://www.coindesk.com/goldman-sachs-granted-setlcoin-cryptocurrency-patent/

Fiat is the tool of old folk and cryptocoin is the tool of new folk. I think the new folk will be around longer than the old folk.

All cryptocurrencies is just another example of mania that sooner or later ends with some painful 'reality check’

and

and

and dozens of other examples showing that the mob (crowd) has many heads but no brains.

greetings! Is there a good data/amiquote source available for BTCUSD 5 min data?

You can get bitcoin data from Quandl (supported by AmiQuote)

(example symbol BCHARTS/BITSAMPUSD)

Or manually export from
https://www.coindesk.com/price/

and import using ASCII import wizard.

Thank you sir! will give it a spin…

So, everyone who wants to enter the crypto-currency market, first of all, what needs to be understood is that the market has already been formed, and now a division begins, that is, trade, and this is the only way to earn real money now. With the same 3-4 thousand dollars of the value of the crypto-farm, which will pay off at best not earlier than half a year is better spent on the game on the stock exchange, or given to normal traders. And you will definitely increase your investments for half a year three times at least. And the risks of investing in a farm and a stock exchange are the same, if the market bursts, then there will be no sense in the farm, it’s easy.

One of our fellow users informed us that Yahoo started to supply cryptocurrency data and they are available using Yahoo immediately.
Symbols are:

LTC-USD
BTC-USD
XMR-USD
ETH-USD
DOGE-USD
XRP-USD
NXT-USD
BCH-USD
ETC-USD
ZEC-USD
DASH-USD
REP-USD

Just choose “Yahoo Historical” as data source. Data for bitcoin go back to July 16, 2010.

Here’s all the crypto currency codes listed on Yahoo

BTC-USD
XRP-USD
ETH-USD
BCH-USD
ADA-USD
LTC-USD
IOT-USD
XEM-USD
DASH-USD
EOS-USD
XLM-USD
QTUM-USD
XMR-USD
NEO-USD
TRX-USD
BTG-USD
BCCOIN-USD
BTM-USD
ETC-USD
LSK-USD
OMG-USD
VEN-USD
XVG-USD
PPT-USD
GNO-USD
ARDR-USD
BNB-USD
BTS-USD
SALT-USD
USDT-USD
ZEC-USD
WAVES-USD
STRAT-USD
SNT-USD
FUN-USD
HSR-USD
STORJ-USD
KMD-USD
BCN-USD
SC-USD
DOGE-USD
CVC-USD
QASH-USD
PAY-USD
GNT-USD
REP-USD
SMART-USD
VERI-USD
DGB-USD
WTC-USD
ARK-USD
SUB-USD
LINK-USD
DCR-USD
BQX-USD
NXT-USD
BAT-USD
LRC-USD
MONA-USD
KNC-USD
MCO-USD
MTL-USD
GBYTE-USD
PIVX-USD
SYS-USD
FCT-USD
BNT-USD
XZC-USD
MAID-USD
BTCD-USD
AE-USD
DGD-USD
EDG-USD
STEEM-USD
VTC-USD
ICN-USD
GAME-USD
GAS-USD
XUC-USD
BLOCK-USD
UBQ-USD
FRST-USD
SNGLS-USD
NAV-USD
ATM-USD
KIN-USD
SNM-USD
PART-USD
NXS-USD
ZEN-USD
DCN-USD
ADX-USD
ETP-USD
ANT-USD
QRL-USD
WINGS-USD
NEBL-USD
MGO-USD
NEBL-USD
MLN-USD
XCP-USD
MCAP-USD
LKK-USD
FAIR-USD
IOC-USD
TAAS-USD
NLC2-USD
ATB-USD

I am a developer of AmiBroker data plugin for crypto currencies markets.
the data plugin can download intraday and daily bars for top 50 crypto currencies of CryptoCompare market.
available autoupdate for selected intervals.

More info about plugin you will see on forum:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767427.0

Contact with me:
cplusplus@list.ru

Only problem is....thats what the chart looked like at $4, $40 and $400. Also heard the same bubble comments at each of those levels.

Hi everyone, awesome thread. I've been wanting to use AmiBroker for cryptos and it seems like there is a way.

I'm using AmiBroker v5.8/32bit and AmiQuote v3.06 and can't get the BTC-USD symbol to pull in data. I created a new "crypto" database (no symbols in it currently) and keep getting the following error message when trying to import data:
"The server name or address could not be resolved"

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks!