Connect to IB Gateway

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f804aa12df0> #<Tag:0x00007f804aa12ad0>

I have connected to the IB gateway. I’m now trying to figure out how to properly link it to AMIBroker so that it can get chart info and option chain data from IB.

I posted a follow-up to a question regarding this but did so after the question was closed. That posting was here How to get more symbols to show up on the chart? (was: Underlying and Options).

I still need to connect to IB and so far have been unsuccessful.

I also tried via email support ticket #160224 but received what appeared to be an automated reply which so far has not solved the problem.

Assistance is greatly appreciated on this topic.

We’ve sent you 3 HUMAN responses over support channel. Here is a copy of one of it:

Video showing how to connect is here
(Flash player required)

Please note that IBGateway may use DIFFERENT default PORT than TWS.

From memory it was using port 4001 or 4002 not 7496 as TWS.

On a side note: GMail is terrible email box. If you don’t get messages via GMail it is just because GMail either puts responses into “SPAM BOX” or just deletes them in their move to “protect” you.
Do you know that in the name of “protection” they automatically read all your mail and analyse it via neural networks including unzipping / unpacking all attachments prior to delivery to you and decide for you what is good and what is not and what to deliver and what not? All your personal info is known go Google and they actively use it. Apparently Snowden story did not teach people much about using “services” like GMail.