How do I use IB with Amibroker?

howto
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fb3db4522e8> #<Tag:0x00007fb3db4520e0>

How do I use Interactive Brokers with Amibroker?

I have installed the controller in the Program Files/Amibroker directory instead of the 64 bit directory that it defaults to but when creating a new database named IB from with Amibroker, I still only see local as a choice and am unable to select Interactive Brokers.

Remote Desktop: Empty rows and backfill issues

This problem has been resolved with the assistance of fxshrat. Thank you!

For cases of similar future issues I would like to add that the reason has been apparent user error of placing 32-bit plugins in 64-bit plugins folder. If AB’s own plugins don’t show up in Tools - Plugins then with 99% certainty almost always the reason is wrong bitness of plugins. So a short and simple full installation of AB 64-bit resolves something like that in majority of cases.

And please do NOT install AmiBroker plugins at all.
Correct and up-to-date plugins come pre-installed during normal AmiBroker setup procedure.

I completely missed the x86 directory = 32bit thought the reverse. Thanks very much for the assistance.

Regarding above comment:

And please do NOT install AmiBroker plugins at all.
Correct and up-to-date plugins come pre-installed during normal AmiBroker setup procedure.

Per @Tomasz comment, the IB data plugin is shipped with current versions of Amibroker and ready for use. This plugin enables an API to retrieve data from IB.

However, I believe (@Tomasz please confirm this), in order to place orders from Amibroker, I had to first install AmiBroker Auto-Trading interface for Interactive Brokers.

During the install process (i.e. executing the download: at1380beta.exe), I found it necessary to change the target installation folder to c:\program files\amibroker as shown in the image below. This created a BrokerIB.exe file in the target folder, which was not previously present. Note that this is NOT A Plugin. I just wanted to clarify this for future readers.

ibbroker