Move Watchlists Up/Down

Hi, is there a way to re-arrange the watchlists? I have some of the recently created ones that now are numbered #45, #46, etc. but these are also the ones I use most and I need to scroll down to the bottom every time I want to access them so I wondered if there is a way to move them Up or Down without changing the list numbers?

Hello Oscar

Yes, you can easily do this via Symbol —> Categories —> Watchlists —> Move Up or Move Down

Ah! Unfortunately I don’t have that option. My Amibroker version is Professional 64 bit 6.00.2, is there a workaround?

You can for example rename selected watchlists and move or copy symbols from one watchlist to another:

Alternatively you can edit index.txt file in your Database/Watchlists folder. Remember to close AmiBroker before editing this file and make a copy before you change anything.

But the simplest solution would be updating to the latest version of AB :wink:

index.txt is a simple text file, where each line is the name of a watchlist (specific to the database). By editing this file, you can rearange the order in which the watchlists are displayed in AB.

But as I said - be careful when doing so (and make a copy first), because you can have problems if you do something wrong.

I believe Milosz is correct when he says “Be Careful”.

Especially when assigning symbols via AFL or OLE, because if I’m not mistaken, they are “primarily” referenced by index number, in order. That is why you see sometimes people using the naming convention of a list as something like “Dividend Stocks - 57” or “Dividend Stocks (57)” so the index number is in the name as well for reference. That said, it becomes a small nightmare rearranging lists AND at the same time editing the name with the correct index string.

Or at least that is how I remember it.

In your AFL code, I highly recommend you use InWatchlistName(“watchilst name here”) instead of InWatchList( watchlistnumber ) - this way you can rearrange the watchlists in index.txt without consequence

Thank you everyone. In fact I now see that I purchased the 64 bit Amibroker professional version 6.10 but the one I have installed is the 64 bit 6.00.2. I can’t see where I can download the 6.10 version, can you help?

(Login required)

I am quite confused i must say

This is what my account says:

This is what I have installed:

And this is what’s in the member’s area download page:

Is version 6.20.1 a professional one? Shall I download this one then?
Or is there a professional version 6.10 but in this case where can I download it from?

Sorry to be a pain, just don’t know what to do.

Thanks you again.

February 25, 2017
AmiBroker 6.20.1 becomes official

This version is a free upgrade only for users who registered AmiBroker after February 17, 2015. Users who registered earlier, would need to purchase license upgrade. To find out the version you currently have use Account Information page at

So the best thing to do is to double check your Account info and proceed accordingly.

@osinv Your AB purchase date is 2016-03-13. For two years since that date you can download and install whatever version you want. I quote from:

Registered users receive free upgrades for 24 months since date of purchase. After that, you can stay with version that you own, or purchase upgrade with 50% discount

I suggest 6.20.1 if you want to have official (100% stable) release, or the latest 6.27.1 Beta which has some additional functionalities (really worth trying). This release should be also very stable in most cases.

I just updated to version 6.20.1 as suggested and I see I can move the Watchlists up/down. Everything seems to be working smoothly. Thank you very much for your help!