New to Community

Hello, Greg K new to forum. Veteran trader / rookie coder Living in the Florida Keys. I would like to say thanks to Tomasz & all of the staff involved in the development / evolution of Amibroker. I have used most platforms out there & have to say the flexibility power & ease of use is exactly what our industry needs. New to coding so I will apologize in advance if I post code that is not “elegant”

Regards

Swing High / Swing Low AFL Code

@GTK5 Please accept warm welcome. It is good to know that there are still people who say “hi” before anything else.

Hi, everybody…!!
I am an basic user of AB and I have done incredible thing with it… Indeed, I am trading my own codes in real market.
I hope this forum help me to develop new ideas since I am not a programer.
Thank you very much to AB and the community!!!

Hi Amibroker people.My name is Gabriel and I am a user of Amibroker for a while. I love the system and I hope to learn more from the other veterans here as well as contribute to the solutions as well.

HI, everybody.

I’m new to this forum, and I also hope this forum will help me to learn this excellent software.

I’d also like to help other users of AB, if posible…

HI. I have a question about spamming restrictions. If my AFL question got fixed due to help by a generous user and I have some followup question somewhat related to the original query. Would it be ok to Private Message that user AND at the same time post the question to the forum after efforts have been made to ensure that the followup question is not redundant? Thanks.

General rule is one thread per one thing.

Do not create multiple threads on same subject. If you have anything to add continue in SINGLE thread.

Creating multiple threads on same subject by the same person is considered spam and will result in deletion and/or ban.

Hi all

I joined in july 2017 but only been active this month , i am a rookie trader / rookie coder. Always looking to learn from fellow amibroker users.

Thank you all

@fourier

Welcome to the Forum. It will be nice to see you TRANSFORM

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

But Welcome. Read Lots, Try Lots, Learn Lots, and when stumped, show your work and ask your questions.

Snoopy

@snoopy.pa30 Thanks I will , I try frequently by looking at others code , sample codes. and reading the function refference .

@Tomasz btw , for the sake of not starting a new thread , is there an update to the pdf version of the user guide found here User Guide 6.00 ? , I would like to print the pdf version. thank you.

Thanks for the welcome

hey there!!

joined the forum today - been using AB for over a year now and I didn’t even realize that this existed!

just starting to learn to code. looking forward to the interactions

cheers

@pravi.iyer: Welcome.

Lots to learn here. Make good use of the Search, and post your work, and you should get lots of help, when you do run into an issue.

I want to know

what is SellToFuse??

please explain me

Looks like it is a function from a 3rd paty dll (Presto.dll). Ask the author !

//please explain this code

//what is the meaning of a7=0;

_SECTION_BEGIN("EMA");
a2=(Sell);
a4=(Cover);
a1=(Buy);
a3=(Short);
a5=Ref(C,-1);
a6=Ref(C,-1);
a7=0;

if(a2[BarCount-1]==1)
{
SellToFuse(a5[BarCount-1],a7[BarCount-2]);

}

if(a4[BarCount-1]==1)
{
CoverToFuse(a5[BarCount-1],a7[BarCount-2]);

}

if(a1[BarCount-1]==1)
{
BuyToFuse(a5[BarCount-1],a7[BarCount-2]);

}
if(a3[BarCount-1]==1)
{
ShortToFuse(a5[BarCount-1],a7[BarCount-2]);

}
_SECTION_END();

@meeget13, I apologize in advance if this seems a bit rude, but I think that you already got the correct answer from @awilson.

The code you posted seems to be used with a 3rd party product, and your best chance to get help is to directly contact the vendor and read their docs.

Moreover, you are posting this request in a wrong thread (this is supposed to be used bt new members to introduce themselves/say hello!).

In addition to all the above, you pasted the source code without proper formatting; see this How to paste source code

Here are some general recommendations for new users:
Before posting please read this
How do I learn AFL?

Hello Everyone....im Antonio from Philippines. I want to be a daytrader someday. I started AB just a couple of days ..hope to maximize the use of it in my trading.

GOd bless and wish all the success for all traders