Can you help me guys giving me some light of what Im doing wrong from here?
From documentation, manuals and forum posts reading, Im currently done a simple process creating within excel a list of symbols from esignal with some classification I would like to create and maintain inside AB database but still having some issues:
- Tools -> Cleanup Database (To start clean and prone to previous forgoten mistekes I could made as this is a new databse).
- Created a .format file and added to import.types list for quick File -> Import ASCII process:
# Format definition file generated automatically
# by AmiBroker's ASCII Import Wizard
$FORMAT Ticker, SectorName, IndustryName, Market, Currency, Skip, Group, Skip, FullName, GICS, Skip
A stripped down version of my text (csv) exported excel symbols file looks like follows:
ATS A0-FX ,,,FOREX,,,Currency Pair,,,,,,,
AUD A0-FX ,,,FOREX,,,Currency Pair,,,,,,,
- After doing File -> Import ASCII, I still have this issues unresolved:
- All Import symbols done correctly without any errors on log file.
- No Groups added at all. (Have read something that this must be done manually at Symbols -> Category window before import process…?) I want to define type of tycker on group, like if they are Common Stock, Currency Pair, an Index (Not know if “Is an Index” on the category pane window treat the symbol as a GroupID(), etc…
- Same thing as b but with Market list.
- Sectors are created from within import process, but not populated with stocks.
- e) GICS classification whatsoever, it done correctly, as they have been populated as description on import list. Can I use them to write Sectors / Industry fields by a AFL in an exploration process ?
As an additional quesiton, I have not found if it is possible, and how to populate some fields from within this process like County and from category info, how to mark a symbol from “Is Index?” as true.
What Im doing wrong…?
Thanks in advance.