Amibroker 1 minute interval database with 5 million tickers

I' m going to download from IQFeed historical intraday data for weekly options for 600 underlying. IQFeed has data on intraday options since 2014. As a result, this is about 5-6 million tickers to download.

@Tomasz, how do you estimate ability of Amibroker to work with 5-6 million tickers (1 minute interval database with 5000-6000 quotes per ticker)?

Specifications of my computer:

• Windows 10 Pro 64
  • Dual CPU Xeon E5-2690 v3
  • 128 Gb RAM

I am not sure if you are using the word "tickers" for "ticks" or rather "symbols".

There is no limit on number of symbols that AmiBroker can handle.
AmiBroker does not need to keep everything in RAM. You can go to Tools->Preferences, "Data" tab and precisely how many symbols it is allowed to keep in in-memory cache (RAM). It is advised to set the in-memory cache to something less than half of available RAM.

Tomasz, thank you for your reply.
By the word "tickers" I meant "symbols".

@axweye

If you will be utilizing large RAM and multiple CPU's, I would recommend upgrading your Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations.

Also, Windows is a bit finicky when it comes to utilizing all available RAM, and tends to cache to disks pagefile.sys instead of using the RAM.

@Sean thank you, i will take a look at Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

I disagree with suggestion that he needs new Windows. Even Home edition supports 128GB. Windows 10 Pro supports 2TB (terabytes) of RAM. He would need Pro for workstations only if he had MORE than 2TB. Source:

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.