A new BETA version (6.43.1) of AmiBroker is available now.
(10 423 224 bytes)
(11 061 390 bytes)
The highlights of this new release are:
- AFL editor improvements - multi-cursor editing, in-line reporting of future leaks
- New Chromium-based HTML rendering engine for WebResearch
- User-definable styles in Text box tool
- New AFL functions
For the details see ReadMe.html and ReleaseNotes.html inside AmiBroker folder.
This version is a free upgrade only for users who registered AmiBroker after January 19, 2021 . Users who registered earlier, would need to purchase license upgrade. To find out the version you currently have use Account Information page at https://www.amibroker.com/members/info.php
EXPERIMENTAL NEW WEB BROWSER
Since Microsoft apparently wants to stop supporting Internet Explorer engine that many 3rd party programs use via CHTMLView MFC component, and many web sites abandon support for IE HTML engine, I have implemented alternative web browser based on Chromium/Edge WebView2 that is available on Windows 10+.
To use new web browser engine within AmiBroker you have to use 64-bit AmiBroker and do the following:
Download x64 WebView2 component from Microsoft
WebView2 - Microsoft Edge Developer
(this step may not be needed if you have all Windows 10/11 updates installed)
In AmiBroker go to Tools->Preferences, "Miscellaneous" tab and turn ON the option "Use Chromium/Edge (WebView2) for Web Research"
From now you can use File->New->Web Research and it will use modern Chromium engine. Please note that Chromium is much heavier component than old IE. Chromium "by design" is using multi-process architecture. I don't like it but this is the way modern browsers are built (read: bloatware). Anyway regardless of what modern browser you use, it will anyway open multiple processes. For the record, old IE engine did not use any extra processes.
CHANGES FOR VERSION 6.43.1 (as compared to 6.43.0)
- AFL Editor: Info 1001 (look into the future) was counted as error, not info message. Fixed
- Regression: in 6.43.0 when parameter names were using character codes beyond ASCII (>127), they got treated as negative numbers and escaped incorrectly in the broker.param file. Fixed
CHANGES FOR VERSION 6.43.0 (as compared to 6.41.0)
- WebResearch: implemented alternative browser engine - Chromium-based Edge - (currently this is 64 bit only feature)
- AFL Editor: implemented multi-cursor navigation
- AFL Editor: added inline "Info" messages that show which lines/functions cause looking into the future, can be turned off via Prefs/Debugger or via Tools->Options menu in AFL Editor
- AFL Editor: added support for multiple selection editing (you can use CTRL+ left mouse button to place multiple cursors / selections and then typing would occur in sevaral places at once, also Alt+drag will make rectangular shape + multicursor in each lin
- AFL Editor: implemented CTRL+D (multiple select add word / add next occurrence)
- AFL Editor: implemented split window editing that allows to have two views on same file (Window->Split or Ctrl+\ (backspace))
- AFL: added a warning 514 (not error for backward compat) to be issued when NEW LINE is detected in string literal
- AFL: fixed uninitialized variable error when Plot() and subsequent graph0 variable reference was used inside same curly braces block
- AFL: Invalid non-printable characters (such as \n) in Plot() name now generates warning, not an error, allowing badly written code to continue to work (so users not reading the ReadMe stop complaining).
- AFL: TrimResultRows( row_count ) - trims the result list to specified number of rows, positive row count means counting from top, negative from bottom.
- Analysis: fixed possible CRT invalid parameter exception when user formula contained forbidden % character
- Charts/Pref: increased upper limit of "Minimum X grid spacing" from 120 to 200 pixels for high-DPI displays
- New Analysis: when symbol's quotes were filtered out completely due to padding to reference symbol, instead of blocking error dialogs, a summary of all affected symbols is displayed in the INFO tab
- Parameter file (broker.params) now escapes control characters like \n to prevent corruption if user does not follow rule of NOT including control characters in parameter names/values
- UI: Preferences: new tab "Text box" to define text-box font styles
- UI: Text box tool - edit field now uses selected font style/size so it provides WYSIWYG display of what text would like on chart
- UI: Text box tool - new combo box "Font style" to select one of 16 user-definable font styles
This is continuation of the discussion from AmiBroker 6.42.0 BETA released