AmiBroker and Windows 11 appear to be compatible

I've been running various tests here with Windows 11 (Build 22000.194) which is due for release by Microsoft in a fortnight.

The good news is that everything seems fully functional using AmiBroker v6.30.5 (current release) and v6.40.0 (pre-release), at least from my testing.

Performance is basically identical, but the User Interface of Windows 11 is snappier since foreground windows are given priority (this is especially noticeable with app startup).

Windows 11 requires a fairly recent CPU, plus may require some BIOS setting changes too.

Before upgrading double check your backups (you do take multiple, don't you?) - I performed a complete system image (twice) and tested a restore on another drive to ensure I had a last-resort fallback plan. If you are considering upgrading to Windows 11 this is the first thing you should address.

Cheers,
Richard.

21 Likes

I am using Windows 11 from the past 2-3 weeks and there are no issues with Amibroker

Regards
Ravi

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.