AmiBroker Chart Panes Empty When Program Opened

Hello Everyone,

I have been using AB for many years. Currently I have AB 6.00 on my machine. I know it is not the latest version but it is fine for my needs. Up till recently everything was good. Then, 2 days ago, when I opened AB I saw that all of the chart panes were completely empty. Of course this was very upsetting. I depend heavily on AB and feel very comfortable with it.

My machine uses Win 10. My broadband provider is Spectrum cable, and they give me a free copy of MacAfee antivirus software. About a couple of days ago there may have been a Win 10 update (I am not sure). It seems that Microsoft requires all users to accept updates, but customers choose the update times. I wonder if the update somehow upset something. Or, perhaps the antivirus software is somehow inhibiting or ‘quarantining’ files in AB.

This situation is very annoying. I wonder if anyone in the forum has encountered anything similar, or perhaps if someone has a solution or suggestion.

Many thanks to all

My broadband provider is Spectrum cable, and they give me a free copy of MacAfee antivirus software.

…Bad luck. Probably McAfee antivirus is the culprit:

I had this problem with the Norgate data plugin - they were quick to fix it with an update though. Could it be your data plugin?

Hello Milosz and Jeremy,

I think you may be right. I uninstalled MacAfee and re-activated Windows Defender as my main antivirus software, at least until I get a suitable replacement for MacAfee. I re-installed AmiBroker and, for now, it seems to be running OK. I have my fingers crossed.

Many thanks to both of you for your ideas.

Josef