Amibroker User Meeting Group in GTA/Niagara area Canada

Hi All,

I've been using Amibroker for some time for backtesting and validation but realize what a newbie I am as I try to do more complex tasks... so much to learn.

For this reason, myself (Dave) and a group of other traders and Amibroker users (with a few that I've convinced to start using Amibroker since it's such a great platform!) have decided to start a small monthly face to face meeting to share ideas and learn together, network etc. in a more interactive environment.

We are located close to Toronto in the GTA and will be meeting in Burlington or Oakville Ontario, Canada (basically halfway between Toronto and Niagara Falls).

If you are interested in joining our group, please send me a private message or email at ddimarc@gmail.com Any costs to join the group (if any) will be minimal and just to cover any meeting room costs. This is not a commercial endeavour, rather, a true local user group initiative.

Hope to meet you soon!

Regards,

DaveDM

2 Likes

For what it is worth: there was a group called "Toronto Metastock Users Group" (TMUG) and they had regular meetings and used AmiBroker as well :slight_smile: I don't know if they are active now or not but you might google to find their contacts.

1 Like

That's great, thank you @Tomasz

Hi Tomasz,

We started the local group and had a decent amount of interest, I think we started with almost 15 members present and a few online attendees.

We are still trying to nail down a good name for the group and the subject came up about being able to use AmiBroker as part of the groups name. We are very clear in our presentations that we are not affiliated with AmiBroker but are rather a user group of AmiBroker users only, and the group suggested that we get your permission to use AmiBroker in the name.

So for example, we might call ourselves Southern Ontario AmiBroker Users Group, or AmiBroker Southern Ontario Users Group (we haven't decided). Do you have any issues with us using AmiBroker in the group name?

Thank you,

Dave Di Marcantonio

1 Like

Please feel free to use "AmiBroker" as a part of your group name. And congratulations on setting up user group!

3 Likes

That's awesome, thank you very much Tomasz :slight_smile: Perhaps once we are established and the members are up to speed a bit more (i.e. a bit more advanced with AFL programming) we could convince you to join us for a remote meeting session in future?

Regards,

Dave

1 Like

wow, i live in toronto and would love to be part of your meeting

1 Like

www.amibroker-canada.org look forward to connecting in the near future!

Regards,

Dave

1 Like

Hi Tomasz,

Our group is gaining some good traction... we're also getting some great help from the Canadian Society of Technical Analysts www.csta.org I just put up a website for the group at www.amibroker-canada.org

Regards,

Dave

4 Likes

Great to hear that the group is doing fine !

2 Likes

I recently found on YouTube this very interesting presentation of @mradtke at one of your meetings.
Well done!

Matt Radtke presents Adaptive Trading Strategies

5 Likes

Thank you @beppe. @mradtke has presented a few great presentations for our group and we look forward to having him back for more. Next month (May 7th) we have @CesarA joining us for what looks like will be a super interesting presentation.

I think it's ok to post this here since we are a non-commercial user group of AmiBroker Users focused on education and learning new AB concepts, so for those interested, you can join us at www.amibroker-canada.org (whether you live in Canada or not), we host monthly meetings online via Zoom for remote users.

4 Likes