AmiQuote 4.12 released

A new public version of AmiQuote 4.12 is released now.

This version addresses recent incompatibility with Yahoo on some of users' computers when Yahoo responded with non-standard content of their web site.

Direct links:
https://www.amibroker.com/bin/aq4120.exe (264KB) – 32 bit version
https://www.amibroker.com/bin/aq4120x64.exe (315KB) – 64 bit version

NOTE 1: 64-bit version of AmiQuote now requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2022 runtime. You may need to download the runtime separately and install it, if you are installing AmiQuote stand-alone (without AmiBroker 6.41.0 64-bit or higher already installed). If you already have AmiBroker 6.41.0 64-bit you don't need to do anything.

CHANGES FOR VERSION 4.12 (as compared to version 4.10)

1. addressed incompatibility with Yahoo on some of users' computers after recent Yahoo changes

CHANGES FOR VERSION 4.10 (as compared to version 4.06)

1. added support for JSON-based user-definable data sources
  2. added Javascript formula engine to run user-definable post-processing functions to transform server response into AmiBroker-importable CSV format (Javascript engine includes JSON parser to easily parse JSON output)
  3. added File->Download Ticker List dialog to download pre-defined symbol lists for different markets around the globe
  4. added example Polygon.IO user-definable data source that shows the power and flexibility of Javascript post-processing
  5. download progress is reported in KB (useful for larger downloads)

Full documentation on new features is included in the AmiQuote Read Me.

This thread continues the discussion from AmiQuote 4.10 released

15 Likes

Hi Tomasz,

Thank you for your quick action. Tested to work perfectly.

1 Like

Thank you for AmiQuote 4.12. Downloaded a small list of ticker prices that I needed now. No issues.

Thank you for removing the 8 files limit in MRU (Most Recently Used).

Thank you.. works very good. I did face the Yahoo error with the 4.10 version. Its resolved now.

Thanks for the quick update.

Thanks Tomasz for the quick updates, solved the AmiQuote with Yahoo issue nicely.

Slowdown! Everyone is correct in thnking Tomasz for his work...one minor flaw in 4.12.
If symbols fail, Edit > Select Failed does NOT check boxes, only highlighligts failed item.
Often failed downloads can be recovered usinf Select Failed/re-run.

There is no flaw. You just down know Windows terminology. Selection in Windows list view means highlighting, not checking boxes. Use Edit->Mark selection if you want selected items to be marked/checked for download.

Checked and Selected are two independent and unrelated states of the listview item.

See Microsoft Learn page to find out what does it mean to select the item in ListView:

1 Like

Thanks Tomasz for the quick updates :slight_smile:

Thank you very much, with the update, the problem is solved

Hi, I am struggling to download the 4.12 version of Amiquote and I am having difficulties with incompatibilities with Yahoo. Any advice for downloading I have gone through the steps and it goes to the readme file.

Readme file open after installation. Open the Amiquote it already Install..

Unfortunately your question isn't clear enough and does not provide all necessary details to give you an answer. Please follow this advice: How to ask a good question