Candle Height Magnification

Hello all,
I have a chart window which looks like this

D0i8kBmWoAAWtYD

There are 3 AFLs which are to be seen together (chart and 2 indicator panes)

If I use only the chart (pane 1) the candles are of good height.

After I add the other 2 panes the candles diminish to a short height.

When seen together as 3 panes I want the candles on the 1st pane to be tall enough to distinguish easily visually

I have tried view menu zoom > taller bar but it distorts the charts and high and low of the visible area on screen doesn't fit to scale and moves out of the pane 1 (example the high gets hidden above the chart visible area)

Is there any method the scaling or the height can be adjusted to make it 30% taller (for example) without losing the visibility

Also it would be good that the complete chart area for pane 1 gets used in a balanced manner, right now it's not used evenly for high and low

To start with try using styleNoRescale on plots not visible - like the one showing a label in the scale of about 150.4 on your image.

4 Likes

Wonderful, that worked like a charm

1 Like

Hi @ [krishnakhanna]

Im having same kind of problem. Can you please elaborate where did you used styleNoRescale.

Thanks in advance.

Look for all the Plot() functions. https://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/plot.html and Plot related functions if any in your code.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

There are few plot function in the code.

Snap shot attached. Above chart is in which i am facing the issue. And the below chart Simple price chart. You can see that upper portion is not completely visible like @ krishnakhanna's chart.Capture

Check out here
https://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_indbuilder2.html
how to use multiple styles in Plot.

Use the NoRescale for the candle close plotting

Plot( C, "Close", IIf( C > O, 43, colorRed ), styleCandle|styleNoRescale);

@RBKOL
There are multiple things but you need to check each one because they are not completely related.

1. Scaling already as explained, only one scale for the correct plot generally Price.

2. The candle in 2nd image can be adjusted by moving the mouse on the right price pane.
    Mouse pointer will change into double arrow
    then drag and adjust

3. Another is to use or check the appropriate use (abuse) of GraphXSpace in the code

original code

SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}}    -    {{INTERVAL}}    {{DATE}}          Open: %.2f          High: %.2f          Low: %.2f          Close: %.2f (%.2f%%)          Volume: %g {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ), V ));
Plot( C, "Close", colorDefault,styleNoTitle | GetPriceStyle() ); 

while replacing with

SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}}    -    {{INTERVAL}}    {{DATE}}          Open: %.2f          High: %.2f          Low: %.2f          Close: %.2f (%.2f%%)          Volume: %g {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ), V ));
Plot( C, "Close", IIf( C > O, 43, colorRed ), styleCandle|styleNoRescale);

Everything deleted.

Capture2

Read my post point 1 carefully.
You should have atleast one Plot() with its scaling not user modified (NoRescale, OwnScale, LeftScale etc) otherwise you will kill the whole thing.

2 Likes

Thanks @travick

Let me go through your post. And Will revert back .

@RBKOL, AmiBroker owner has explained it here

3 Likes

Thanks @travick , @codejunkie, @krishnakhanna for your support.