Candle missing a part

Downloaded a new ticker and it's data today, but the candle is missing a part.
Have never seen this befor. Anyone who can explain what is wrong?
candle

There isn't anything wrong there.

Just move the price chart up with your mouse by going to the price axis until you see a vertical double-arrow instead of mouse pointer. Then hold down left mouse button and move mouse up (or down). And if you double click on price axis (while vertical double arrow is active there) you get back default price view.

test

Besides via SHIFT+ Left Mouse Button you can compress or stretch price chart. And again if you double click on price axis (while vertical double arrow is active there) you get back default price view.

test

You can also make a compressed/stretched view via code by adding following line to your price chart AFL, for example

// positive numbers -> compressing price chart
// negative numbers -> stretching price chart
GraphXSpace = 10;

Change number according to your needs

2 Likes

Thanks for feedback. Then I have another question.

If I close Amibroker and open it again, the closing price (29) will still be below the monthly axis. Is there a way to get the closing price of this thicker to permanetly stay above the monthly axis?

I don't think I ever have seen the closing price in a chart that is below the monthly axis before.

Try AB>Tools>Preferences>Misc>Auto-arrange Charts = ticked on.

PS I set VAP as Lines = 300; Width = 100; Side = Right; Z-order = Behind.
Give that a try. If no good, revert back to previous settings.
cheers,
Chris.

Tried your suggestions yesterday, nothing was changed.

But when I was downloading todays EOD data the candlechart was normal again, with closing price above the
x-axis.

@joeoil I am guessing that you are not using the default AmiBroker price chart. Looking at your chart it appears that you have coded a custom version of a price chart with some volume thingy on the left axis. I am going to guess that your afl has not properly used chart style constants like styleOwnScale or perhaps styleLeftAxisScale etc.

If this is true, and if you want to show the code for your messed up chart then perhaps some of the more talented members of the forum could help you fix it. I am not likely one of those talented members.

Good luck!

@joeoil did you try to include (or verify if it is alredy present) in your formula the @fxshrat suggestiion?

// positive numbers -> compressing price chart
// negative numbers -> stretching price chart
GraphXSpace = 10;

Thanks for all feedback

Now I did try to put this line:
GraphXSpace = 10; or 5 or a positive number in the chart formula, and that fixed the "problem".

I was afraid of messing up with the in-built chart formula, thats why I didn't try it yesterday.
I prefer to use all Amibroker standard in-built formulas and indicators, because I'm not good in AFL programing.

Thanks anyway.

You can not "mess up" in-built formulas (or any original formula of Charts window) if you double click an AFL in Charts window because then there will be created a copy of original AFL and added to Chart pane.

Please try to understand the different AFL insert options
https://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_dragdrop.html

Q. What is the difference between Insert and Insert Linked option in chart menu?

A. Insert command internally creates a copy of the original formula file and places such copy into hidden drag-drop folder so original formula will not be affected by subsequent editing or overlaying other indicators onto it. Double clicking on formula name in the chart tree is equivalent with choosing Insert command from the menu. On the other hand Insert Linked command does not create any copy of the formula. Instead it creates new chart pane that directly links to original formula. This way subsequent editing and/or overlaying other indicators will modify the original

FYI, "Insert" is doing equal thing as double-clicking AFL of Charts window.

@portfoliobuilder,

the AFL of post#1 seems to be this one

_SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ));
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorDefault ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() ); 
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("Volume At Price");
PlotVAPOverlay( Param("Lines", 300, 100, 1000, 1 ), Param("Width", 5, 1, 100, 1 ), ParamColor("Color", colorCycle ), ParamToggle("Side", "Left|Right" ) | 4*ParamToggle("Z-order", "On top|Behind", 1 ) );
_SECTION_END();

Since he is talking about "in-built" ones.

Since topic is solved you may mark post #2 as solution.

2 Likes

That's Volume at Price, probably with default settings. It uses the same (vertical) scale as price.