Can't Find AFL Files

For some reason, parts of AB broke this morning. AB can't find my .afl files when I try to open one to edit the formula. I'm currently running AB v6.20.1. I use a database that is loaded with AmiQuote.

Now before I begin, I have a mess on my hands. The last version of AB I installed I must have done incorrectly as I ended up with a Virtual Store setup. The database and all AFL files are in the Virtual Store file structure. I had planned to get this fixed as time permitted.

All of the AFL files can be seen in the Virtual Store using file manager. The database loads correctly with all studies, notes, layouts etc, from the Virtual Store when I start. When I try to edit the formula of a chart, I get the can not find afl file error message.

I double checked to ensure the database setting were correct and reloaded them to be sure. Again everything seems to work fine with the exception of not finding the afl files.

HELP! Anyone know how to fix this? Much Appreciated !!!

Make sure that you don't have VirtualStore folder like this:

C:\Users*current logged in user*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\AmiBroker

If such folder exists, it means that your AmiBroker was NOT properly installed in first place.
Existence of such folder means that writes are redirected by Windows to wrong place (VirtualStore)
and they may cause all kinds of troubles including inability to save new content.

To fix that you need to:

1. Back up all your AmiBroker content from Virtual store folder
    C:\Users*current logged in user*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\AmiBroker

2. Delete Virtual Store folder

3. Run FULL SETUP of AmiBroker (Important! This step prevents future problems with Virtual Store)

4. Copy files from backup created in point 1 to proper AmiBroker location

2 Likes