Create a price chart from scratch using GfxSetOverlayMode(2)

How to replicate the below snippet in low-level graphics chart?

SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorDefault ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() );

What GFX programming language does Amibroker closely resemble? Kindly recommend books to refer.

I want to create AFL with custom-made X-Y axes, scaling, scrolling, zoom in-out (attributes of a chart). Have checked the available samples in KB and other web-links, but, unable to find any constructive step-by-step process to learn in-depth Amibroker GFX programming.

Please help. Many thanks in advance !

Lennon, you should edit your message and highlight your two lines code then hit the icon

1 Like

Frankly I don’t see the point of re-inventing the wheel. Why write 100+ lines to do the same what is done with 2 lines? Built-in charts have huge amount of details that 99% of users are not aware of. Re-implementing exactly every bit is lots of (unneeded) work. The point of low-level graphics is drawing what is NOT available out of the box.

Agreed @Tomasz !

Would request you to kindly clarify, knowledge in which field of “Graphics programming” suits best for creating custom-made charts in Amibroker environment? In other words, which GFX programming language does Amibroker closely resemble?

Sir, thank you very much and appreciate intensely for bringing Amibroker into existence and simplifying tons of possibilities which would have been otherwise immensely complex.

Having said, I would like to learn to create specifics like TPO charts, Order-flow analysis charts, Option Strategy charts, Insert dynamic figures (mini-charts) between BARINDEXes of a main-chart, and so on. That I think can be done with a fresh perspective using low-level graphics. I don’t want to overlay GFX codes on top of other charts. (Something-of-a-sort that you have shown).

As a starting point, would love to create a AFL with custom-made X-Y axes, scaling, scrolling, zoom in-out (with all attributes of a chart) in low-level graphics.

Needless to mention, trading in itself is a zero-sum game and as a very small retail participant, I refuse to pay additional monthly subscriptions to 3rd party vendors for accessing something, that, could be achieved with hard-work and study. I have a list of stuff that really gives an edge compared to indicator-based trading. No matter, how sophisticated buy-sell system I back-test, I need certain evolving tools for real implementation.

Your inputs will be immensely helpful for me.

Many thanks !

2 Likes