Data window/Tooltip number format

I'm wondering how I can set the number format like a standard for everything ?

Untitled

The numbers are showed in a different formats around Amibroker.

The two variables you are using 'ColorMedias' are part of your formula and they are being used by some Plot() functions.
You can reduce the precision with

// Good to know about this one
ColorMedias = Prec( Array_or_Formula, 0 );

// OR rounding to integer
ColorMedias = Int( Array_or_Formula );

// Followed by Plot() functions etc

Also check Ceil(), Floor() and Round()
1 Like

My concern is not decimal, but thousands how Amibroker show it.

If you have a look at "Data Window" the numbers doesn't show '.' to separating thousands as showed Y-scale.

Do you got what I mean ?

The thousands separator etc all rely on windows language & regional settings too.
You can check AB > Preferences > Misc
and Windows Lang. & regional settings & make sure everything is consistent.

Apparently everything is ok.
Screenshot_2

Looking at the y-scale where the price is plotted shows right, but when I look at the Data window doesn't show the thousand separator.
Below I attached two screenshots to show this difference.
Screenshot_3 Screenshot_4

you will probably find it useful

And this

Many thanks for your help.

How can I set it into the Data window ?

Screenshot_5

I already checked.

AmiBroker uses its own settings for output number format set in the Tools->Preferences. This works for chart titles and analysis output.

Data window / data tooltip however uses STANDARD C/C++ way of formatting numbers (printf(".9g")) and it uses decimal point (always) and no thousand separator (and scientific notation for super large numbers - if more than 9 digits would be required to display them). This is done by design to be able to display numbers as large as 1e37 (10000000000000000000000000000000000000) and as small as 1e-37 (0.00000000000000000000000000000000000001) in LIMITED screen space.
Non-scientific notation in those cases would be simply too large.

3 Likes

Tomasz does need to maintain some semblence of order here to display formats.

There are some pretty crazy stocks out there...

1 Like

Did you tried log-scale ?

Log scale makes things look better versus their lows, but long-term buy-and-hold - not so much! The units on the Y axis look fine though.

(to see the detail of these charts, you might need to right click and "Open image in new tab")

1 Like

Apparently need some "G" (giga) or "B" (billion) or even "T" (tera) (in addition to K and M) suffixes

I thought DRYS (DryShips Inc) which Delisted Oct 2019 was the worst US-listed stock ever (at the time).

TOPS has surpassed that by 3 orders of magnitude! And it's still listed!

(Note to future self in 2022: Where is TOPS now?)

For those wondering how these crazy prices are possible - it's due to reverse splits. TOPS has had many. 1:3, 1:10, 1:7, 1:10, 1:20, 1:15, 1:30, 1:2, 1:10, 1:20, 1:25, plus a few special dividends to mix it up a bit a bit (special divdiends, in hindsight, that were a somewhat premature!)

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.