Database not showing latest bar

I use TIINGO for EOD data. All the sudden for no clear reason, the latest bar I see is from late September. Does this mean that the database got corrupted? Any thoughts or solution for this? Thank you in advance.

Unfortunately your question isn't clear enough and does not provide all necessary details to give you an answer. Please follow this advice: How to ask a good question

Hello @Tomasz
Apologies for being not clear. I will use the tips you provided in the article you mentioned.

• what did you do? today, I updated quotes using AmiQuote and the built in data source for Tiingo

• what did you expect as a result? I expected the latest bar on the the chart for the symbols I updated, to be for the current date of the close yesterday

• why do you need that to happen? to see charts with latest bar for October 23rd, 2023

• what actually happened as a result instead? I see the latest bar is for September 28th, 2023

• what are the challenges? I believe the databases got corrupted and I which to start from a clean install with a single fresh database to only use with Tiingo data

Thank you very much Tomasz

Yes, but what did you do to investigate / solve the problem? The purpose of all those questions is to make you send new information not to re-iterate old.

Did you check if "Auto-import" checkbox is turned ON ?
Did you check downloaded data by DOUBLE CLICKING on the line in AmiQuote
Did you use Symbol->Quote Editor to verify if data are there

As explained here How to ask a good question send a screenshot showing what you did. For example AmiQuote screenshot after you did the download. Typically people don't see obvious things, like for example "Auto-import" checkbox. And no "corruption" just doesn't happen.

Hi, I did basic troubleshooting to the extent I could which was basically clearing database cache and switching between databases.

And you are right, the auto-import was accidentally not checked. The issue was resolved after I checked it as you expected. Thank you.

That’s why screenshots are useful. Should you send Amiquote screenshot it would be immediately obvious why data were not imported.

Totally agree. Thank you Tomasz!

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.