Different volume intraday vs. EOD

Hi
I appreciate the help with the following topic:

I have 2 AMI databases with esignal feed, one with intraday settings and one for EOD. I get very different (not equal to esignal) volumes when using intraday database at, for instance, weekly charts (see files attached). With EOD database the weekly data matches with esignal one. Can anybody please advise how to correct this effect when using the intraday database? I understand some difference can happen but what I get is too much.

I include an example of the different volumes got for a weekly chart between the 2 databases and the settings for the intraday database (settings for EOD sessions are the same)

Thank you in advance for the answer

First you need to understand that official daily ("EOD") data are only from regular session, without Form-T, while intraday usually covers 24 hours trading including all pre/after market. That is big difference. Secondly it is up to you how intraday data are compressed http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2006/03/19/how-does-the-daily-time-compression-work/

You have defined day session incorrectly. Your "Day session" is from 00:00 to 23:59 which means your "day session" is 24 hours. And it is totally different from regular trading session.

1 Like