Getting current EST time without using local time or hardcoded offset?

Hello,

I've searched the forum and couldn't find any really perfect solution...

In a batch file that will be called twice a day (before open and a bit before the close) I need to know if we are 15 minutes before the market closes...

Unfortunately my computer isn't in the EST timezone and I would like to avoid using any kind of hardcoded offset (since I will surely forget to change that offset when needed). Getting the current EST from the web is also not a viable solution imo.

Is there any way to have a "true" timezone conversion ? i.e. a solution that would deal with the varying offsets during the year (due to this damn daylight time switch...) ?

Thanks a lot,

Write a formula that will automatically change that offset twice a year and run it as part of batch so you won't forget.

Thanks for the idea but I decided that this would not be reliable enough long term (e.g. in the EU winter/summer time may be suppressed pretty soon and I'd rather have microsoft handle this... so I've set my machine time to be EST).

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.