For your information: It works. If and only if instructions are followed. You need to find existing and correct symbol.
Sorry but you have to learn to find out solutions to easy stuff like this yourself. You've got easy to follow instructions. Why don't you just enter the symbol in TWS and follow the instructions from first post? Or ask Interactive Brokers support - there are people who charge money from your account everyday, don't you remember and they should offer help on their symbols and their data.
I am doing this once again, but really I can't baby sit everyone and instruct about every other symbol.
2015 is no longer there as you might have noticed. 2019 is too far away.
You need to enter contract from current year or next year, like 2017 or 2018.
1. First you need to use TWS to see what is available:
2. After selecting symbol, right click and select Contract Info->Description
3. Then you will see this. The picture is the same as in first post and explains HOW TO FIND correct symbol YOURSELF
Correct symbol is
ZB DEC 17-ECBOT-FUT
(three spaces between
DEC and one space between
17 - only ECBOT seem to have this shitty symbology @IB with spaces that they don't bother to show clearly with fixed-size font)
So you use Symbol->New in AmiBroker
and now, if you are NOT subscribed on attempt to backfill you should see the this in the status bar of AmiBroker:
4. Then you need to subscribe to real time data for CBOT (from TWS)
5. After you subscribed to data, add the symbol to the real-time quote window in AmiBroker and right click on status area to backfill If it does not work right click and Reconnect. Anyway you should see this:
So was it AmiBroker issue? NO.
Who's issue was it then? And by the way you can send guys from IB support link to this post maybe they will learn something new today