I am facing strange issue in Batch Scheduler

HI,
I am using Amibroker 6.40 version
I have created a batch which will scan only 5 symbols every 30s. the scan is running less than a sec if I run manually or manually run it from .abb file. but when it automatically open it with amibroker it is running and never completing it. I need to manually stop is and rerun it then it works as expected.

Below screenshot is from my batch which is having only 2 steps. Second step is to scan and it is never ending.

this is the scan window started by amibroker automatically

if I manually cancel and run it again it works as expected. below is the screenshot. you could see the first scan took long time and I have cancelled it . rest all ran in fraction of seconds (after I trigger it manually). Currently I need to do manually one time as a work around. Any thoughts What I am missing. Help is appriciated

Unfortunately your question isn't clear enough and does not provide all necessary details to give you an answer. Please follow this advice: How to ask a good question

It might be your formula, it might be the data source you are using. Both aren't mentioned in the post.

Hello,
Please see below post.
Thanks,
AD

Hi Tomasz,

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry for the missing details.
I am using IQFEED as a data source.
Please follow the below steps to reproduce it.
create any formula with buy and sell signal. I am using below for ex

_SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ));
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorDefault ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() );
_SECTION_END();

buy = cross( close, ema( close, 45 ) );
sell = cross( ema( close, 45 ), close );

Then save it as a .apx file.
timeframe is not a matter. But I am using 10m. I am using only 5 symbols and scan i am using 1 recent bar.
below is my analysis setting

Then Create a batch for that.
batch is having load project and scan as below

Then Schedule it when application starts as below

now save everything and restart the amibroker.
the analysis window automatically starts and scan is running but it never ends

Cancel the scan manually and trigger the scan manually. it succeeded in fraction of second and running every 30 sec as expected. Please find below the screenshot

Hope I gave all the details. let me know if you need any particular details
what I am missing?

Thanks in Avance
Senthilkumar P

If you are using "Wait for backfill" the most likely reason is that it just waits for IQFeed to respond with the data. If IQFeed fails to deliver quotes it can wait "forever". If you abort and re-run, it won't ask IQFeed plugin again for data that were not delivered previously.

Yes, Wait for backfill is the issue. If I remove that it will work.

I have one clarification.
is "wait for backfill" is needed If I add all symbols (used in scan) in Realtime window ?
or might be a chances to miss the quotes even the symbols in real time window.

Thanks
Senthil KP

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.