IBController High-Level Interface

Hi all

I miss the promised High-Level Interface as per the documentation IBController 1.3.8 READ ME from May 29, 2014 21:03; I see this Note:

"... that this is low-level interface for advanced users that is made available in so called phase-one of implementing automated trading via IB. There will be higher-level interface that will be implemented later."

I wonder where I can download this higher level interface, now, 9 years later?

Although I searched carefully, I couldn't find the download link for the same.

Can someone please help me with the needful link?

There is no "high-level" interface and unlikely to be written because of the following reasons:

1. We don't want people without any clue to start auto-trading for their own security (auto trading is risky because there are dozens of things that can go wrong, starting from broken internet connection). High-level interface would encourage users without technical background to go deep without proper precautions

2. High level interface would need to make assumptions that are not true for everyone and would lead to endless "feature requests" to change.

3. Current IB Interface is free of charge. For high-level interface we would need to charge high dollars (exceeding the price of AmiBroker) just because of maintenance / support costs that such interface would involve.

4. Current interface is flexible and time proven. I don't see any economic justification for maintaining 2 interfaces.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.