Import ASCII database (non-quotes)

Hello everyone,
trying to get the hang of how to import database using "IMPORT ASCII", I have not had any problems following the AB manual.
The problem is, when I try once already loaded the database with ticker, Full name, O, H, L, C using the *.format file:

$FORMAT Ticker, Date_DMY, Open, High, Low, Close, Fullname
$SKIPLINES 1
$SEPARATOR ,
$CONT 1
$GROUP 1
$AUTOADD 1
$DEBUG 1
$NOQUOTES 1

I intend to add the data corresponding to the contract specifications ("window information") just for forex tickers.
To do this, I have used, the arguments indicated in the table of the manual as follows (I have made several variations by removing and adding commands but it did not work):

$FORMAT Ticker, MARGIN, POINTVALUE, ROUNDLOTSIZE, TICKSIZE
$SKIPLINES 1
$SEPARATOR ,
$CONT 1
$GROUP 1
$AUTOADD 1
$DEBUG 1
$NOQUOTES 1
$OVERWRITE 1

What I want is not to have to fill in this data manually and in this way learn how to use this tool.

In fact, in my tests I have been able to sort the database (stocks) without problem in the different categories and sectors, but for the case that I indicate you I do not obtain the result. When I apply it. It does not seem to do any action.

Any help would be welcome.
Thank you very much in advance.

Check import.log file.

Thank you very much!!
Teh problem was solved, but only when I created the import Type file from ASCII Import Wizard. Before that I didit by myself, creating my own "import type" file and its correspondiing formatting file frome where to gets it. I probably made some undetected error in this process.
Thanks again... Stumbling is how AB's mastery really takes hold...

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.