Importing & Separator Identification

I am hoping someone can just verify this for me so that I don't do something that will be difficult to fix if I am wrong. Am I correct that I need to select Tab for this separator using the Import Wizard?

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 5.46.23 PM
Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 5.53.00 PM

Yes, it looks as if it was TAB.
But if you want to be 100% certain that in each line it is TAB separator then simply do a test import to Excel or other spreadsheet software. Or use Notepad++ or any other text editor and mark the separator in first row and then (depending on the editor) choose Search or Edit -> Replace (all) and replace all lines with comma in one go. If the message box (e.g. of Notepad++) tells you that number of replacements is equal to number of rows then you are 100% certain too that all lines had TAB separator. But in latter case you can save with comma separator and import choosing comma selection. So do what you like more.

BTW next time you may better insert the content of the editor via code tags instead of choosing picture.
Then others can tell you right away whether it is tab or not (e.g. multi space)....

Tab:

Symbol	Description

Space:

Symbol Description
1 Like

Thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.