Incomplete download, was: Problem reinstalling AB

I am trying to reinstall AB onto a second computer, but I keep getting a message that says that there is a problem: Vis C++ 2005 redist: 'Error 1935.......Microsoft.VC.80.MFCLOC.type+"win32".
version="8.0.50727.6195",publicKeyToken=",processor/Architecture-"amd64".

I am trying a install 64bit version to which I am entitled &, as indicated, AB has been installed on this pc before.

I have tried to reinstall another version of .......C++ 2005 but that results in an error message
.\install.exe is not a valid Win32 application. The download file is labelled vcredist_x64

C: 36.7 GB free of 57.2 GB: Intel Celeron(R) CPU RAM 4.00 GB.

Hopeful thanks,
JohnG

I think that the error "install.exe is not a valid Win32 application" means that the Windows your are using is a 32 bits one (you can test this in Control Panel -> System, and look for operating system type).
To use 64 bit version of Amibroker you need a 64 bit Windows system, so probably you'll have to use Amibroker 32 bits (and download vcredist_x32)...

1 Like

Also please refer to:

And more details like which AmiBroker version you are using, which OS, etc. would help others to understand the problem?

1 Like

Thank you very much for taking the time to help. The system is detailed as "64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor"

Regards,
John G

Thank you very much for your help with my problem.
The two address' that you kindly supplied resulted in '404 not found' & 'download no longer available.' I did paste them.

The OS is W10 & AB version 5.9. If the problem is simply that 5.9 no longer works if downloaded now then I shall have to update to the current version. I prefer not spend on an update which would not provide the one item I require [volume instead of time on the x axis]
& I doubt I use more than 1% of the capability of the edition I already own.

Many thanks,
John G

Running M/S disc cleanup seems to have done the trick; I do not know how.

Many thanks to LeoCV & Cougar for their help.

Regards,
JohnG

1 Like

Disc cleanup cleans among other things failed (partial) downloads. The message you got "invalid application" is typical message when file is incomplete (truncated). And the fix is to clear cache and temporary downloads folder and download again so the file is complete.

1 Like

Tomasz,

Thank you for the clarification - computer illiteracy is my speciality.

Regards,
         John G