Infrastructure as code?

What take does amibroker have on infrastructure as code?

Unfortunately your question isn't clear enough and does not provide all necessary details to give you an answer. Please follow this advice: How to ask a good question

For what is is worth, "Infrastructure as code" (IaC) is yet another fancy-schmancy term that Data center IT managers use to sound more intelligent.

Last time I checked AmiBroker wasn't a data center and wasn't element of any hardware infrastructure so what the heck are you talking about?

It is totally off-topic.

1 Like

What I meant to ask was how much of the AmiBroker setup can I configure via config files? I have configured parts of the system and wonder if the ambition is to be able to configure everything.
For example, I would like a config-file for the email alert setup. Also å config file for the scheduler.

@arcone,
Did you see / read this!

Most of the NEW files (including batches) in AmiBroker use plain text XML format that is human readable and human writable and pretty much self-explanatory. Just open them with text editor (Notepad) and everything will be perfectly clear.
For example batch file looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<AmiBroker-Batch CompactMode="0">
<Step>
<Action>ImportASCII</Action>
<Param>C:\\AmiBroker\\AmiQuote\\Download\\INTC.aqh</Param>
</Step>
</AmiBroker-Batch>

Simple.

Some older files are binary, for performance reasons (such as quotation database) but generally they are managed by the program so there is no reason to edit them by hand, see:
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/x_files.html

2 Likes