Is it safe to have 2 instances of same database open?

I have a batch file (.bat) which I run from windows task scheduler every 5 minutes. It runs 29 loops in python asynchronously, then the last loop is run (so that I don't import the data before it is ready)

del /S /Q "C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Brokers\Binance\Data\symbolcsv\klines\csvFiles"
start /min python "C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Brokers\Binance\Data\symbolcsv\klines\Loop1.py"
start /min python "C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Brokers\Binance\Data\symbolcsv\klines\Loop2.py"
start /min python "C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Brokers\Binance\Data\symbolcsv\klines\Loop3.py"
start /min pyth....
                                               ..klines\Loop28.py"
python "C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Brokers\Binance\Data\symbolcsv\klines\Loop29.py"
python "C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Brokers\Binance\Data\symbolcsv\klines\dataCleaner.py"
"C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Broker.exe" /runbatch "C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Brokers\Binance\Data\symbolcsv\klines\import.abb" /exit

Each python loop looks like (posted so you can feel free to use it, but it's not important for the question);

import pandas as pd
import KlineCallLoopMaster as looper
import configFile
dfBTC=pd.read_csv(configFile.btcFilepath,header=None)
for i in range(0,25): //25,50 for loop 2 and so on.
    sym = (dfBTC[0][i])
    looper.dataCaller(sym, "5m", configFile.count)

As you would assume, configFile contains strings of the paths to .tls files which themselves are updated by calling the exInfo endpoint on the binance API and parsed for tradibilitity.

"C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Brokers\Binance\Data\symbolcsv\klines\import.abb" looks like;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<AmiBroker-Batch CompactMode="0">
<Step>
<Action>LoadDatabase</Action>
<Param>C:\\Program Files\\AmiBroker\\Databases\\Crypto 2024\\broker.workspace</Param>
<Param2/>
</Step>
<Step>
<Action>ImportASCII</Action>
<Param>C:\\Program Files\\AmiBroker\\Brokers\\Binance\\Data\\symbolcsv\\klines\\csvFiles\\quotes.tdmytohlcv</Param>
<Param2/>
</Step>
<Step>
<Action>SaveDatabase</Action>
<Param/>
<Param2/>
</Step>
</AmiBroker-Batch>

My question is, am I safe to simultaneously have the Database Crypto 2024 open in another instance (to check on positions, run backtests etc) and will those data imports be reflected / updated live and do I risk corrupting the data if I do this?

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.