Locking AFL formulas

Is there a setting to lock specific formulas? When placing overlays over custom formulas
they combine and get recreated, I want to avoid this behavior.
thanks

1 Like

You can not lock AFL formula. It is not required too.

Before overlaying additional code use insert (drag&drop) method not insert linked one.
So copies are placed in "Drag and drop" folder and if you close chart pane then drag and dropped fornula will disappear too. But original formula is still preserved in "Custom" folder.

Frequently Asked Questions about drag & drop functionality

Q. What is the difference between Insert and Insert Linked option in chart menu?

A. Insert command internally creates a copy of the original formula file and places such copy into hidden drag-drop folder so original formula will not be affected by subsequent editing or overlaying other indicators onto it. Double clicking on formula name in the chart tree is equivalent with choosing Insert command from the menu. On the other hand Insert Linked command does not create any copy of the formula. Instead it creates new chart pane that directly links to original formula. This way subsequent editing and/or overlaying other indicators will modify the original

Besides in general overlayed code can be easily removed from applied chart formula by right clicking chart title and deleting according code (see same upper linked page).

How to remove the indicator plot from the pane.

To remove one of the indicators displayed in the indicator pane - click with RIGHT mouse button on the chart title (near the top of chart pane) and select the indicator that you want to remove.

1 Like

So for it not to change the original it needs to be dragged from the drag and drop folder. Ive been dragging from custom area maybe that’s the issue. I find it also doesn’t allow saves of updated formulas , unless I save it 3 times. 1st it auto changes name+ “-1”, then 2nd save changes name +”1”, then on third attempt it asks if I want to overwrite which is what was intended in the first place then manually erase the extras. I did check show hidden folders maybe that will help.
Thanks

You could also use windows to right click on your particular afl, then hit properties, then check 'read-only' under attributes. I've done that a few times and it seems to work for my purposes.
hope that helps!
Tony

1 Like

Tony,

I know it’s not supposed to happen but it does to me lol, That’s a fantastic idea, great suggestion , ty

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.