Ode to Tom, the Best Coder

Happy New Year Tom & AB community !
Think Tom is the best coder in the world.
More cool coder than for example those guys like Mark Russinovich, Nir Sofer, Eugen Roshal, Ondjew Tesarjic etc who
speaks with machine on fly internals.
Happyness to Tom & AB community & let`s everything willbe allright.

4 Likes

Happy New Year 2022 to everyone.

Thank you for expressing your gratitude. I appreciate it a lot.

But then, I am nowhere near to the "best" coder and I don't really believe in "competition" like that. Like in music, science and many other areas of human creativity, people are just different, have different skills and there is no single "best". We should enjoy diversity rather than look for single "best". I can enjoy compositions of Bach as much as I can enjoy Pat Metheny's . I can enjoy Mozart piano skills as much as I can enjoy Jeff Porcaro drumming. Creativity is not sports, it is not about championship.

You don't need any super skills to create program like AmiBroker. What you really need is hard work, dedication, patience and time. Skill is maybe 5% of the whole thing.

18 Likes

Happy New Year once more!

Ha-ha. Well step by step.

1. "Thank you for expressing your gratitude. I appreciate it a lot."
    This is both gratitude and at the same time just statement of fact.
    Hordes of "coders" many years "coded" metastock/omega/wealth etc.,
    marketers-fags saled and reseled that and today there are giant pease of shit.
    And just one guy, but highest level skill incorruptible guy, hard worked coded 'n' coded, ~30 years coded 'n' coded -
    and today there is nearly-perfect number-crusher for trading for pc.
    Once again, you Tom are the king of the best coders. It's just true.

2. Oh lyrics, music.. I evaluated your trolling, Tom.
    The price of subjectivity is 0.00 cents
    but the price of numbers & facts is infinity of dollars. It's one of your famous phrases, isn't it?
    Music is funny thing of course. Bach, Bethoven, Mozart etc. - it's beautiful.
    But music is subjective entity vs measured by numbers math-logical AB.
    Yeah, creativity is not sports, it is not about championship.
    But AB is deep math based on high intelligence work vs absolutely non-intelligence funny-time like music/artist/art etc.

3. "You don't need any super skills to create program like AmiBroker.
    What you really need is hard work, dedication, patience and time. Skill is maybe 5% of the whole thing."
    No Tom, you are strongly WRONG if it's not a humble joke.
    Intelligence + Skills = 80% / Hard Work, Dedication, Patience and Time = 20% (let's say hi to Pareto).

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.