Opening two Databases in same Amibroker Instance

Is it possible to open 2 Databases EOD and Intraday simultaneously without opening two instances of Amibroker?

No, each running instance has ONE database that is active. So to open two databases you need two instances running.

Tomasz, I have 2 databases for EOD use. Can I select which database to open _before_I open AB, or do I always have to open the default database and then change to the other one?
Thanks for your help.

Interesting. That might be nice, similar to the how Amiquote, from the Windows start menu shows the recent side menu...

You can define which database to open using /database option

broker /database “C:\Amibroker Data\Mydatabase”

Sorry, I don’t understand… where do I find /database option broker /database?
and I don’t have a directory “C:\Amibroker Data”

clearly, I am more of a beginner than I thought! :confused:

Sean’s idea would be a nice option, if it were possible…

1. Right click the Amibroker ICON
  2. click properties
  3. Add to the end of Target
    /database “C:\DBaseFolderToBeOpened”
  4. click Apply
  5. click Ok

Now if you double click the Amibroker icon , AB should open with the database you specified at /database

1 Like

I am afraid that didn’t work…
I could only get a Target box in Properties when I created a shortcut from the original file name in the Amibroker directory.
When I added to the end of Target
/database “C:\DBaseFolderToBeOpened” (I put the actual database folder name)
I got an invalid path message.

There needs to be a space between the “end of target” and switch command, like so

Broker.exe" /database "C:\............."

HTH

2 Likes

That worked! Thank you very much zbin - much appreciated. :bamboo:

Dear Tomasz, that means it is possible to run 2 instances at the same time? If I close the instances, which database will start first?

Also, is it possible to import/export studies between databases? Just curious.

Thanks.

Yes you can run more than one instance. The database that is loaded on startup is defined in preferences (unless you use command line as explained above to force certain database to be loaded).

Noted, thank you very much.