Populate Delisting Date in Symbols

Hi fellow community members, I don't want to waste anyone's time but if someone could help me with a small query that would be greatly appreciated.

I have my symbol list with the foll details>> Symbol, Full Name, Alias, County, Currency, Sector, Industry, LotSize, TickSize, Delisting Date.

I want to update my symbol list with using the Import Wizard and the foll code

$FORMAT Ticker, FullName, Alias, Country, Currency, SectorName, IndustryName, RoundLotSize, TickSize, DelistingDate
$SEPARATOR ,
$AUTOADD 1
$NOQUOTES 1
$OVERWRITE 1
$CLEANSECTORS 1
$SORTSECTORS 1

(based on my understanding of the page Import ASCII

The problem i have is that all fields get updated except for the Delisting Date.

What am i doing wrong to update the Delist Date? (important for back testing results free of survivor ship bias)

please help !!

Thanks in advance

@gautamlaungani, unfortunately, it seems that the "Import ASCII" document you linked (and help file) needs an update: some fields are not explicitly documented.

I suggest you to read the ReleaseNotes.html file that comes in the default AmiBroker installation folder (a file I will quote here below):

CHANGES FOR VERSION 5.66.0
ASCII importer: added DELISTING_DATE to fields available in $FORMAT command.
To import delisted symbols you may use file like this. Acceptable date formats are
YYYY-MM-DD (ISO standard) and DD-MM-YYYY (automatically detected).
Note that MM-DD-YYYY (US) is not detected because one can not automatically detect if 01-02-2003 means february 1st or january 2nd

#
$FORMAT NAME, DELISTING_DATE
$NOQUOTES 1
$OVERWRITE 1
SYMBOL,"2012-07-0

(please, note the underscore in DELISTING_DATE)

By the way, reading that document (lots of useful info there), I found that also other fields that I wrongly supposed were not importable have been implemented in past releases (plus some others fields that are not directly listed in the "Import ASCII" documentation):

CHANGES FOR VERSION 6.19.0
ASCII importer: added $RAWCLOSE2AUX1 and $RAWCLOSE2AUX2 commands that allow to put raw close into aux1/aux2 fields when using ADJCLOSE in 'close' field

CHANGES FOR VERSION 5.71.0
ASCII importer: now company address can be imported ($ADDRESS command and new ADDRESS field in the $FORMAT command)
ASCII importer: NULL can be specified as date in several date fields such as delisting date, dividend date,etc. This results in date being cleared (unset).

CHANGES FOR VERSION 5.61.0
ASCII importer now supports $WEBID command and WEBID field in the $FORMAT command to allow importing web ID (FC#2362)
ASCII importer now supports $ISINDEX, $ISFAVORITE commands, and ISINDEX and ISFAVORITE fields in the $FORMAT command (FC#2310))

CHANGES FOR VERSION 5.59.0
ASCII importer: added $COUNTRY command and COUNTRY field to $FORMAT command

Hope it helps!

5 Likes

hi @beppe,

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. Don't know why i didn't look at the release notes earlier. I was just not using underscore between the delisting_date.

Thanks again for your help.

cheers.