PostgreSQL database & AB connection

Hi guys,

Sometimes I work with external Mysql databases via ODBC. It usually works well but I realized sometimes AB gets "Empty" instead of the correct array, being the query ok. So it is a random behavior when processing a lot of symbols and I have noticed WorkBench frequently hangs for a while, I want to try with PostgreSQL.

I have connected a test PostgreSQL database with AB and it seems to work well, but the following doubt has arisen. To work with PostgreSQL, I had to create a user DNS that is linked to a specific database, so I guess I'll have to create other users' DNS for each database I want to work with simultaneously, right? I don't remember doing that when connecting to my other Mysql databases. I just modify the database name in the connection string.

Does anybody know if there is some way to avoid creating other specific users' DNS to connect AB with a bunch of Postgresql databases?

I had never worked with PostgreSQL before, so any advice on this would be appreciated, too.

Thanks a lot,

I am not PostgressSQL expert, but in other DBMSes you create ONE user and give it the access rights to multiple databases and that is all what you need to do.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I add this answer just in case in the future someone has the same doubt.

Wrong. I should have said "... a user DNS that I can link to a specific database". I mean, If we keep this field blank we can connect to any database identifying it in the connection string.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.