QuickAFL: intraday processing independently for each day

Hi,
I have a database of 1mn intraday bars (single symbol). I need to iterate through the whole database day by day (statistics extracting).
Each day will be treated independently. I understood that I could just disable QuickAFL and use loops, which seems easy.
But is not there a more efficient way such as enabling QuickAFL for every single day subsequently ?

Google did not help much on this topic. Nor AmiBroker forum.

Thanks in advance for any help.

QuickAFL has nothing to do with that.

Unfortunately your question isn't clear enough and does not provide all necessary details to give you an answer. Please follow this advice: How to ask a good question

You should search the forum before re-asking question because it seems it was already asked and answered:

Thank you Tomasz for your response.
My question was not clear ? Well it was clear in my mind, but apparently not clear for everyone else despite my efforts to express it clearly :wink:

I will try to express it in another way:
My goal is to extract statistics for a symbol on an intraday basis. Therefore I do not care which bars are displayed precisely. I do not even need any display for that matter.
I made the assumption that making calculations with much smaller subsets (one day) of the total number of quotes (using quickAFL) could be more efficient globally.
But this could be a wrong assumption as, in any case I will have to process the total number of available quotes of the symbol (more that a million).
I do not know how Amibroker works internally. I just assumed that in one case all the million quotes would be loaded in memory. In the other case (quickAFL), only one day at once (for example) would be stored and processed. But my assumption could be wrong. Please let me know.

An example in a context different from Amibroker: Say I have a SQL database with 1mn quotes. I could make subsequent SQL queries, one for each day. This might be more efficient than loading all the quotes in memory. Or maybe not as there could be other parameters. But you get the idea.

When it comes to searching, before I posted my question, I really spent a lot of time searching the web and this forum. I even used chatGPT but still did not find the response.

I don't know what the problem is.
Did you write actual code and actually TRIED it ?
Million bars is not a problem for AmiBroker.
It will take LESS time for AmiBroker to PROCESS million bars than for SQL database to READ them.

So, just do it. Import data into AmiBroker NATIVE database, forget about SQL and do it. Forget about micro optimizations and all that stuff. Just throw million bars and AmiBroker will handle it.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.