Remove Stock Prefix

Hello All,
Currently I use Quandl Plugin to import the data feed.

In order to fetch the stock details for Amibroker I need to use "NSE/" followed by the stock name.
Example: NSE/ADANIPORTS NSE/LT and so on.

This is needed for the proper data fetching from Quandl (https://www.quandl.com/data/NSE-National-Stock-Exchange-of-India?keyword=zeel)

I wish to remove the prefix from the stock names to have only ADANIPORTS to give me the stock charts and not use NSE/ADANIPORTS.

How can I map the prefix to make it possible. Once done all NSE/ will be removed for searches.

See this
http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2006/09/01/how-to-change-property-for-multiple-symbols-at-once/

1 Like

@krishnakhanna Solution provided by Tomasz is probably the best in most cases, but alternatively if you don't want to rename your Symbols permanently (for any reasons), you can just change Stock's Name/FullName dispalyed in the Title in any way you want. Of course it is not the perfect solution, but it has some advantages. In the example below, stock's FullName is CDPROJEKT (Name - CDR), but in the title there is only PROJEKT:

Image%202

It is also worth noting, that when using Symbols search window, the stock is found even when you provide only the middle part of the stock's Name or FullName. So in your case you don't have to use the prefix "NSE/" to find and display your stock.

You can try this code (instead of the AmiBroker's default Basic Charts --> Price or other similar ones):

_SECTION_BEGIN("Custom Name + Price");

Version (5.90);
CustomName = StrMid( FullName() /*Or Name()*/, 4); // or CustomName = StrReplace( FullName(), "NSE/", "");
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = CustomName + StrFormat( " - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ));
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorDefault ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() ); 

_SECTION_END();
1 Like