Reset or Unlock Chart ID?

Hi

I see there is a lock beside the Chart ID in the Axes & Grid option but I haven't found a way to unlock it. Is there anyway to reset or unlock the Chart ID?

Thanks.

1 Like

No, close the chart pane and insert same AFL again. Then you will get new chart id.

Hi

So that means that if I am currently in Chart ID 1097 and I want to go back to Chart ID 1057, I can not do that? I just want to view what I was doing when I closed my previous charts.

Thanks.

http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2014/10/02/how-to-restore-deleted-price-chart/

Hi

I already tried that, Tomasz. The problem is my previous charts are not set as default chart, so even if I set File>New>Default Chart, I can not get back my previous charts setup.

I have old Amibroker 5.7, after a lot of losses in my previous trading days, then I stopped trading for quite sometime, now I want to try and trade again. I want to preview my old analysis and charts. I thought I can go back to from Chart ID 1000 to 1096 as I am currently at chart ID 1097.

Thanks.

Why are you concerned about ChartIDs? You can just insert the indicators you need. ChartIDs are internal thing, not to be manipulated by the user (like id in the database table).

Hi

I have problem because some afl, I set the fix chartID inside them and then I draw SU/RE trendline, now because I already closed previous charts that use those chartID, I can not see again what I draw. I thought if I can go back to those chartID, I can see my analysis what I draws and what parameters I set on those chartID (although after looking around, I see that broker.params contain some info on the chartID).

Thanks.

Just iterate from 1000 to 9999 searching for used chart ids.

It is easier and faster just to draw those lines.. on new chart.

@newbietrader Here you can find an alternative way of restoring closed charts and some additional tips concerning this topic, provided by @fxshrat : Restoring closed charts/panes

Regards

HI
Also you can use getchartID().

Hi

Milosz, I already registered to that forum and just got approved few hours ago but I still can not access the link that you provided.

Anyway, thank you all for all your inputs. I guess I just need to start fresh after all.

Thanks.

It has been discussed above already, I too accidentally closed a chart pane (I have activated the warning now), and lost the drawings on that pane (For ALL symbols in the database). The file -> new -> default chart does not solve this. I have read http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2014/10/02/how-to-restore-deleted-price-chart/ several times.

The drawings consist of manual Elliott wave and Bressert cycle counts, and restoring them by hand for every symbol in my list takes a lot of time.

As far as I understand now, the drawings should still be in the database and can be made visible with the correct chart ID. Inserting a new pane creates a new, higher, chart ID, so that is not what I'm looking for.

My questions are: how do I unlock the chart ID to be able to find my drawings? can I see a list of the chart ID's and to which files they are connected?

tx in advance

@drspamm
Just restore Layouts folder in the database from the BACKUP (you obviously DO have backups).

If you are not doing backups, you should start doing that.

If you don't have backup and you need help, you should contact support and verify that you are registered user as the email you use for forum is not registered.

Thank you.

I have changed the e-mail.

But still my questions remain the same, i.e. are all the drawings discarded at the moment you close a pane?

No drawings are not discarded. They will appear as soon as you re-create chart with same chartID. See http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2014/10/06/relationship-between-chart-panes/

So, since I do not have a backup, mea culpa, it is still theoretically possible to restore the charts?

For that you would need to know what ChartID was in use previously.
Then you can create blank chart, insert say basic "price" chart, right click on chart, choose Template->Save menu option and save it as "Chart template, Layout only". Then open the .ALY file with Notepad and you will see content like this:

BROKLAY2
Sheet 1
1336 100
Sheet 2
0 50
Sheet 3
0 50
Sheet 4
0 50
Sheet 5
0 50
Sheet 6
0 50
Sheet 7
0 50
Sheet 8
0 50

This 1336 that you see in 5th line is ChartID of first pane. You can simply change it to whatever value you want. Then Load back the template using right click Template->Load.
Obviously if you don't choose proper number you will end up with "Formula (null) cannot be found", but if you specify correct number (that was previously used by your "lost" pane) you will see not only chart but all drawings.

6 Likes

Great! Problem solved. Used the chart ID for that pane from the last saved template file. Thank you very much. (and learned a bit more about the structure of Amibroker :wink: )

1 Like