Symbol Ticker Colors

I have searched through this Forum and Amibroker Help and I cannot see any reference to being able to give a particular symbol a colour different from the default black in a database. The background is that I stalk tickers as they are starting to develop characteristics that meet my entry setups and so I want to easily keep a watchful eye on them. So if that particular ticker can be given a green colour say, it would stand out in the database ticker list and any exploration that was run. This is especially useful in a large ticker list and would really make the management of potential trades efficient. So the question is, is this capability available in Amibroker and I haven't found it? Currently I keep my stalk list outside of Amibroker - I know that one could easily create a watch list stalk list but it would be so much more efficient to be able to colour code a particular ticker in the entire ticker list,

1 Like
I have searched through this Forum and Amibroker Help and I cannot see any reference to being able to give a particular symbol a colour different from the default black in a database. The background is that I stalk tickers as they are starting to develop characteristics that meet my entry setups and so I want to easily keep a watchful eye on them. So if that particular ticker can be given a green colour say, it would stand out in the database ticker list and any exploration that was run. This is especially useful in a large ticker list and would really make the management of potential trades efficient. So the question is, is this capability available in Amibroker and I haven't found it? Currently I keep my stalk list outside of Amibroker - I know that one could easily create a watch list stalk list but it would be so much more efficient to be able to colour code a particular ticker in the entire ticker list,

[An oversimplified example such as the following will work. It can be another action besides Name()==

AddtextColumn(Name(),"Ticker",2.2,colorDefault,
			IIf(Name()=="AAPL", colorLime, colorwhite));

Thanks for your response which colour highlights the particular symbol after an exploration has been run. What I am ideally looking for is a way to colour code a symbol in the "All" symbol ticker list which would then carry over to any exploration that was run. In this way, when an exploration is run looking for entry signals, if the entry signal occurs on a symbol that I have been stalking (which will be colour coded), will be that much more an emphatic signal.

Create a watchlist with the result of the exploration.

If anyone is interested: this is the work around that I have used. The tickers that I am stalking (meaning that they are close to meeting my entry rules , but not there yet) are marked as Favorites and obviously added to the Favorites watchlist. Then I have added the following line to my exploration:

addColumn(IsFavorite(), "Fav", 1, IIf(IsFavorite(), colorGreen, colorwhite));

This line of code returns a green 1 if the ticker is a Favorite, and a white 0 if it is not - effectively then the green 1's show up but the 0's are blank as my background is white in the exploration.

So as I run my exploration for my trade entry trigger, I will get a column printed alongside my entry trigger column telling me whether the particular ticker is a ticker that I have been stalking and makes the decision to trade that more convincing for me.

For me this is an efficient work around, but I still would have preferred the ability to directly color code the tickers in the symbol ticker list.

1 Like

You can also use groups,, markets, sectors, industries, watchlists or what ever other category to color your output

AddTextColumn( Name(), "Symbol", ColorHSB( GroupID(), 255, 255 ) );
2 Likes