Test against an imported Date file

I would like to use the Amibroker Report feature to generate statistics.

Assume that I have generated buy/sell dates for a symbol using an existing formula.

Buy Date, Sell Date

Is it possible to import those buy/sell dates and run it against another symbol?

For example, say I generate buy/sell dates for SPY and I would like to backtest those dates against NFLX.

Thanks

For example, say I generate buy/sell dates for SPY and I would like to backtest those dates against NFLX.

If you mean to say to consider true entry signal in NFLX only if signal of index SPY returns true then look here for example www.amibroker.com/kb/2014/09/20/broad-market-timing-in-system-formulas/

If you really mean to have a file of signals of a symbol then in addition take a look at the example (!) given here for inspiration.

1 Like

Thanks for both of those suggestions! I think that i will be able to use both of them.
The first one, if I set it up properly, will allow me to do what I want without the possibility of making errors in the creation of a file.

Use of keywords in searches:
I might have "eventually" found the second option, but I would never have located the first using what i had in might.

Again, thanks for your quick response!