Tiingo IEX Intraday data maximum number of bars

Hi, I have started to use Tiingo since the release of Amiquote 4.0, and I have a question regarding Tiingo intraday IEX data. Rsingh from Tiingo says that it is possible to get intraday data from 2017, but in Amiquote I am only retrieving the maximum of 2000 of hourly bars, which is aproximately one year.
My amibroker database settings are ok, the amiquote supported intervals settings are ok, but i can only retrieve with a max. cap of 2000 intraday bars.
Anyone has any clue please?

Hi @malierta

Have you tried explicitly setting the "To" date:

The reason is that there is a 2,000 bar limit but its anchored to the "To" date.

So if you want earlier data, you can set it the "To:" date to October 5th, 2017.

Can you try setting the "From" date to: October 2nd, 2017 and the "To" date to October 5th, 2017. Let me know if that works

1 Like

yes, you are right, when i try your settings I get 27 hourly bars, so the data is there to retrieve, what I would like to know is if I can break the 2000 limit using TODAY in the "to" date
thanks Rishi for your support

at the moment, I can get 2 years of intraday data by doing 2 independent retrievals, each one of 2000 daily bars (one year each)

so I guess that I need to do 2 retrievals to get all the data, the old one only needs to be done once a day so it is not a great trouble

thanks

Well it depends on the resolution. If you want 1 minute data, then you need to program a historical moving look back window for each symbol. I.e., many more "historical windows" to download.
-S

The issue is solved, now the maximum number of intraday bars that can be retrieved is 5000 bars.