Timeframegetprice * #s

Good day, friends.

Here is the code I'm having difficulty with.

PREVIOUS_YEAR_CLOSE = TimeFrameGetPrice("C", inYearly, -1);

PIVOT_MULTIPLE_IN_MONTHS = Optimize("MONTHS", 12, 1, 12, 1);
PIVOT = PREVIOUS_YEAR_CLOSE;

Plot(PIVOT, "PIVOT", colorCustom8, styleLine | styleNoRescale);
PlotOHLC(PIVOT, PIVOT, C, C, "", 
	IIF(C >= PIVOT, ColorRGB(0, 50, 50), ColorRGB(50, 0, 50)),
	styleCloud | styleNoLabel | styleNoTitle| styleNoRescale);

Buy = Cross(Close, PIVOT); Sell = Cross(PIVOT, Close);

SHAPE = Buy * shapeSmallUpTriangle + Sell * shapeSmallDownTriangle;
PlotShapes(SHAPE, IIF(Buy, colorCustom11, colorCustom12), 0, IIF(Buy, Low, High), -30);

What I expect it to do is plot the closing price for each period of months. It gets "x 1" right. It has the same results as simply using TimeFrameGetPrice("C", inMonthly , -1), without the multiple. But I saw this in the guide, so I tried to experiment.

I am not trying to get TimeFrameGetPrice("C", inMonthly , -2), which gives me the closing price from two months ago.

I was expecting for "x 12" to work like TimeFrameGetPrice("C", InYearly, -1), where it gives me the last year's closing price. I was hoping to do the same with "x 3" for quarterly close, and "x 6" for semi-annual close.

I attached some pictures. Notice that in "x 12", the plot doesn't even begin/end at the date the period changed unlike with inYearly. And it's not even 12 months.

I hope everything is clear. I already searched the forum, but failed to find anything relevant to this.

Thank you in advance.

No, inYearly is NOT 12 * inMonthly.

The value of inYearly constant is different than the value of 12 * inMonthly, so they behave differently. That is done on purpose, on exact purpose of differentiating the two.

inYearly is calendar year from January 1st to December 31.
12 * inMonthly may be any running 12 months.

Thanks, Tomasz, for the insight.

I tried this and I think this is a step in the right direction. Code still looks redundant. Will clean and improve on it later.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.