Unknown Third party data plugin does not work

Good night everyone,

Some time ago I opened this ticket and it was closed because we thought the problem I was having was due to the Data plugin.

After several days trying and trying to reproduce the error to find out a pattern I think I have something on what we can take a look.

As I see, when I open a database and the plugin updates only the last bar (no new candle added to the end, but the last closing price gets changed) then Amibroker does not recognize that the chart has been changed and it does not save the chart (When you don't do anything else in the database, E.g: no modification with quote editor)

But sometimes this problem does not occur, because sometimes the database gets saved at exit. I found a way where this bad behaviour happens everytime: I update an existing bar, I save the database and kill the process, instead of closing the amibroker the regular way. In this case the last updated bar is never stored in case of ANY symbols.

I attach a video and hope that gives you a clue where the problem might be.

Thanks a lot!

You are apparently using some unknown/unsupported data plugin. But you don't say what plugin is that.
And nobody is able to help you since nobody knows what plugin you use.

Unfortunately there are plenty of "home grown" plugin authors who don't have a clue what they are doing and write plugin wrongly and this leads to all kind of problems.

Unfortunately your question isn't clear enough and does not provide all necessary details to give you an answer. Please follow this advice: How to ask a good question

All plugins that are listed here ( How to get quotes from various markets ) work OK, those that are not listed, are big unknown and NOT supported.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.