Volume Delta AFL help

I’ve been looking for a volume delta AFL without much success. I could go the route of trying to figure out from scratch on how to implement it. But thought its safe to check with the forum first if there are any resources that will help.

Thanks

I just searched as well. @fxshrat had one posted (or a picture of same), but I can't find it anywhere.

@C_M are you looking for this?

3 Likes

Thanks to the extensive work done on Volume over past several decades, that has resulted different ways of analyzing it from various angles. "Delta" simply means difference and when you say "Volume Delta" many things come to mind. So, little more detail would help understand better!

Adding to what Beppe has suggested, may be "Cumulative Delta Volume" would be another approach, generally, drawn like candlesticks.

(Image Source: Delta Volume thread from ForexFactory)

To code it using AFL, you can refer to:

And may be @BJW would be able to enlighten us more on this here. My understanding is that when the price ain't moving and the Market is too short, then Buy! Or if Market is too long, then Short - that sort of thing - very subjective and intuitive though!

2 Likes

Thanks guys. It was different to those and I think may have been taken down. It samples a smaller TF and plots the OBV of that TF in a higher TF. It does this for both volume that is at offer or ask. Looks like so on the smaller TF...

x

...and this on the higher TF:

x

2 Likes

Of some reason I didn't get an alert. Anyway, here I am now. You can do plenty of stuff with the actual Buy and Sell Volume. Cumulative Delta Volume (CDV) is one of the data you can create. But the CDV has now been used for years and "The Big Boys" are up to date and know how to manipulate the CDV! Sure now we also have the definitions Classic CDV Divergence and Hidden CDV Divergence. But with Tomasz implementation of for the IQFeed plugin, we can bring the trading to a new level!

Since now we can identify individual orders, you can divide the Volumes in Filled Market Orders and Filled Limit Orders by a simple approximation! Basically Filled Orders where the Price moves is Market Buy/Sell Volume. The remaining Volume when the Price doesn't move is Limit Volumes. So then you can use the Standard CDV, and see how it's divided into MKT CDV and LMT CDV.

Regards,

Jorgen

Ops that was a very old posting! I didn't see that!

Regards,

Jorgen