You've developed a "great" model, avenues to market it

Hello my brothers and sisters, I'm wondering if any more experienced members have some suggestions for me. I've been researching, coding, developing trading systems for many years, and the vast majority with the generous help with the many incredibly skilled members here. I've developed some models that I feel have good potential using widely-traded stocks and ETF's (shouldn't have any problem with compliance or liquidity issues). The reality is that I knew early on that the market would be the only way a "wage slave" like myself would be able to get ahead a little bit in life. Personally, I have 4 kids (2 in college) and a wife that takes care of the kids. We get by ok, but nothing extravagant. I'm investing heavily in my retirement accounts which are showing good results, but I believe that there are some big RIA's or HF's, that could be interested in my work. Can anyone share any advice on how to market a model once it's developed? Any replies, either publicly or private message, are appreciated. Just tired of living a little above paycheck to paycheck.
Kindest Regards,
Tony R

Hi, If you have developed a system that works, that's great. If you want to get attention of a fund, the most easiest and possibly only way is to have contacts within the industry, unless you have industry experience. If you want to get retail attention there are various platforms (collective2, striker are the ones I use) where you can start your system and if it is good and can build a track record, you will get customers. I can also say that institutions don't care about such platforms and so it is unlikely that an established fund will find you there. But you can make some side income from the retail crowd if your system performs good.

Having a good working system is one thing, but raising money or to commercialize a good system is altogether a different ball-game.

Maybe Amibroker can create a marketplace for offering systems developed with AFL ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@TonyR - I would say you need to talk directly to people from industry. You can consider participating in some conferences to build your contact network.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the informed replies. And thank you Tomasz for such an incredibly powerful product!
Tony R