ZigZag Indicator

Hi Devs,

need your help if this Indicator inbuilt in the Amibroker can be changed from % to Price as i am trading on equity.
meaning instead of %movement it will track price movement in increments and also plot the line accordingly.

the below indicator works well on tickdata and 1 minute chart as required.

P = ParamField( "Price field" );
change = Param("% change",5,0.1,25,0.1);
Plot( Zig(P, change), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color", colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style") );

Any support will be generously appreciated.

There is a search feature at the top of the page. If you search on "ZigZag" you will find numerous posts. This one may be of particular interest: Fast afl code for ZigZag based on Price Change- anyone?

Hi mradtke,

i have seen this post and tried the code but dosent work. snapshot below.

just like the zigzag price plotter, i requested a simple indicator which:

1. have a start time from which it will track the latest tick so i can have good confirmation on trading entry/exit.
  2. like the built-in zig-zag indiccator, if it could trace and function similarly on price points like 0.1, 0.2...1.0, 2.0 etc. to see the trend going

hope the above detail helps in better understanding and attracts more support from you experienced guys as i am not a Coder and do most of my trading manually.

The forum really isn't a free coding service. It's a place where AmiBroker users can get help with using the platform and coding in AFL. If you at least try to do your own development, others will likely help you. If you prefer to have someone else do all the coding, then it's probably best to pay a consultant to do it.

2 Likes

Hi,

agree to you point of coding service and as i have already mentioned I am not a coder so getting it done paid is the last resort for me, i was looking for anyone who might have done this but in a layman's language so i can understand.

it is just a small change to convert from % to price point i am looking for as of now.

You have to show YOUR OWN EFFORT first.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.